It's time to give the women and children of the Chattanooga area shelters a new beginning. That's what happens during our annual Project Esther. On this special day, women and children from the shelters of Chattanooga who have been victims of abusive relationships are brought in for a day of beauty treatments, seminars, gifts, and a luncheon. They both hear about and experience the love of Jesus, and the result has been life-changing for many of the women.
Even though Project Esther is coordinated by the Women's Ministry, an undertaking this size this takes the entire body of Christ to effectively minister to the women.
Ways You Can Help
• Donate gently used and cleaned spring and summer ladies' clothing and accessories.
• Prepare a gift basket or bring items for gift baskets. You may want to do this as a LifeGroup or as a circle of friends. Visit the Project Esther tree in the lobby to see what is needed.
• Bring in cash donations, makeup samples, small makeup mirrors on a stand, or other beauty items.
• Volunteer to help on Saturday, February 23.
Ways You Can Volunteer
• Serve as a Shepherd to take our guests to the various treatment rooms.
• Serve as a Shepherd for the children.
• Serve as a greeter to welcome the guests and make sure they are registered.
• Help with serving lunch and cleaning tables.
• Serve as a table hostess.
• Help with manicures.
• Help in the makeup room.
• Help in the boutique where our guests shop for free clothing.
• If you are a registered cosmetologist or know someone who is, we need your help with haircuts.
Don't worry if you've never done this before. We will train you for your role. Training will be held Wednesday, February 13 at 5:00 pm in The Vineyard.
Project Esther will be held on Saturday, February 23, 2012. To get involved in this hands-on ministry, call the church office at (423)877-6462, click here to email us, or sign up below.